Applying for support
This page explains how you can apply for support if you are an asylum applicant who is homeless or without money to buy food (we call this 'destitute'). To find out who qualifies for support, and the kind of support that we may give you, see Asylum support.
If you have a case owner, you should speak to them if you want to apply for support.
To apply for asylum support, you should use the ASF1 application form. You can use the interactive version of the ASF1 form online or download this form and its guidance notes from the right side of this page. You should read the guidance notes before you apply.
Staff at your nearest One Stop Service can help you complete the form.
If we have rejected your asylum application, you must return to your country of origin as soon as possible. However, you may be able to receive short-term support while you are waiting to return to your country. This is known as section 4 support because it is given under the terms of section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
You should also use the ASF1 application form if you wish to apply for section 4 support.
For further information you can contact one of our regional asylum support teams.
- ASF1 application form PDF 185KB opens in a new window
- Section 4 bail application form PDF 74KB opens in a new window
- ASF1 guidance notes PDF 204KB opens in a new window
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Calls for evidence for balance of competences reviews
- Capita Business Services contacting overstayers in the UK
- New application forms
- Changes to the Immigration Rules come into effect on 13 December 2012